- It's obvious at this point that they are taking Greg Oden. They'll still go through the process but after he was nothing short of amazing in the draft camp drills testing athleticism, it's over. Oden's our guy.
- So that leaves us with three "known" players going into next year, Roy, Aldridge, and Oden. Everyone else fits into different degrees of trade possibilities.
- We're going to find out over the next month how they feel about Jarrett Jack. I'm starting to wonder if they're going to make a play for Billups, but I don't have anything to really back that up. If the Pistons blow it up, he'd be a fairly ideal guy to be the veteran presence on the team. Could you win a title with Billups, Roy, Udoka, Aldridge, and Oden? I think so.
- Lots of rumors swirling about the Draft and the Blazers moving up into the first round with a collection of their 4 second rounders and various trade assets. If they could somehow manage to get high enough to get Brewer you could be looking at the greatest back to back drafts in NBA history. Roy, Aldridge, Sergio, Oden, and Brewer in a span of 365 days.
- Richard Jefferson, Antawn Jamison, Corey Maggette, Rashard Lewis, hell I've even heard a Ray Allen rumor out there. The crazy thing is they are all possible at this point, Z-bo is a great trade chip to be played, he could bring any of them in return. I'd probably prefer a younger 3 that can play with our young core for a number of years to come.
It's all about to go down over the next 3-4 weeks, on this blog we'll have our mock draft and our patented live blogging of the Draft from both of us. You'll remember it started to get a little out of hand last year around pick 20, too many beers, and you can pretty much guarantee it will be taking place again this year.