- How do you trade Zbo and not get a starting SF in return? How are you going to get our starting SF now?
- Steve Francis is awful. He's got a terrible attitude, he's a shoot-first point guard who will take the ball away from Roy, Aldridge and Oden, and goes against everything that Portland is trying to build.
- If Portland is indeed going to buy out Francis' deal, then they traded one of the league's best low post scorers for a backup power forward. Wonderful.
- Channing Frye = a poor man's LaMarcus Aldridge. That's worth giving up Zbo?
- Anyone who says that Frye will start at the "3" is insane.
Clearly I'm not happy about this deal at all, and more investigation needs to be done. Stay tuned and we'll try to figure all of this out. In case you're wondering, here's our new depth chart:
PG: Francis, Jack, Spanish Chocolate
SF: Udoka, Webster
PF: Aldridge, Frye
C: Oden, Pryzbilla
It's not that I have a huge problem with that depth chart as it is; I just feel like Portland missed a HUGE opportunity to make it a lot better. They still don't have a quality starting SF; they don't have a good backup for Roy; and they're likely to release Francis with nothing in return.
In other news, it appears that Portland has purchased Phoenix's #24 pick and is having then select Rudy Fernandez; a 6-5 shooting guard. He's got a $1 million buyout in his contract with his Spanish team (which Portland can't pay), so he isn't likely to be here until the '08-'09 season. So it's nothing to worry about yet or get excited about to quell the disappointment of this terrible Zbo trade.