- Kidd to the Lakers is looking all but dead. New Jersey doesn’t like what LA is offering, and so the Lakers are trying to acquire another piece.
- Vince Carter is not looking like he will get dealt, although if he did, the Clippers are a potential destination, with Shuan Livingston involved in the deal.
- More Bibby/Cleveland rumors are floating.
- The Bulls are looking at a Bonzi Wells / Michael Sweetney deal.
- Detroit is also looking to acquire Bonzi Wells, perhaps for Dale Davis, and they're dangling Flip Murray out there too.
- The Dallas Mavericks like PJ Brown and have discussed a minor deal to add him; perhaps for Jerry Stackhouse.
- Speaking of Dallas, they made a minor deal today, sending PG Anthony Johnson to the Hawks for a second-round pick this year. To quote Chad Ford: "Hawks fans you can rest easy ... after passing on Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Rajon Rondo and Marcus Williams and overpaying Speedy Claxton ... the Hawks have finally solved their point guard woes."
- Portland reportedly offered Juan Dixon to the Warriors for Michael Pietrus (would have been a fantastic deal for Portland) but were predictably turned down.
- Minnesota is trying hard to move Mike James’ contract, and Houston is a possibility.
- Marc Stein over at ESPN is saying that the Bulls are looking at Shareef Abdur-Rahim, and that the Sonics aren’t dealing Rashard Lewis or Ray Allen.
Thursday, February 22, 2007
Trade Deadline Delicousness - Vol 3
This morning’s buzz:
Posted by Moderator at 9:53 AM