Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Tonight's Ramblings Presented by IPA

It's hard to watch a game like that and not be excited. They just beat the Utah Jazz a few minutes ago, and despite The Other Guy's opinion, they're a good team. True, they may be the modern day equivalent of the Red Army Team, but they're good none the less. Let's run through some high points from tonight's game shall we? And yes, I've powered through about 6 beers.

Brandon Roy, how is it possible that he keeps getting better? 27 points, 20 in the second half (game was tied at halftime), and I can't quite believe this, but he's making The Leap right now. I figured it would be next year before he started pouring in 25 a night on average and flat out taking over in the second half. Well, it's here, enjoy.

Z-bo, please, someone, I don't care if it's the ghost form of Obi Wan Kenobi, but please convince Zach that if he just takes under 20 shots a night, crashes the boards, and passes out of double teams that this team can be a serious threat for a long time with him, Brandon, Sergio, and Aldridge. How's that for a drunken run on sentence? If it makes no sense, slam a couple beers and it will, trust me. Let's just say that 22 points on 18 shots to go along with 12 boards makes me happy.

Ime Udoka. It takes a big man to admit when he was wrong, I am not a big man. I still think he's best suited for a 15-20 minute a night energy guy, but damn was he good tonight. 15 points on 6 of 9 shooting, but more importantly held AK-47 to 5 points, 6 boards, 0 assists, 0 steals, and 1 block. Outstanding work Ime.

Nate McMillan. Simply put, The Marcus (who apparently the radio team is calling "LA", now THAT's funny), 27 minutes. The Captain 19 minutes for a grand total of 46 minutes at the center position. I have no idea if that shitpig Magloire was traded in between the time I left work, hit happy hour, and caught the second half of the game, but not seeing him on the floor made me happy.

Thus ends the slightly buzzed rant for tonight. I will not discuss the free throw shooting, Travis Outlaw, or the officiating in this game, they won, they beat a good team. I'm happy. Time for bed, more coherent thoughts tomorrow I assure you.

No comments: