Monday, February 05, 2007

A Meeting With The Bob's

Time for our monthly Efficiency report, as judged by the PER for everyone (more or less) on the Blazers roster. It's actually a few games past time to check on it but what can I say, I didn't get to it at the end of last week. Paul Allen did buy back the arena, technically he "signed a letter of intent" which I think means he plans to play college football for the Global Spectrum or something. Anyway, I'm not all that concerned about it, that's for Canzano to rant and rave about. The player efficiency of the Blazers through February 5th, remember 15 is the league average for their position, and we go in alphabetical order:

The Marcus Aldridge: 14.19. He's slipped a bit in the last month due to some rather horrid shooting nights, but still is holding up well in his first season in the NBA. The best center on the team.

Dan Dickau: 8.33. The worst part about the Sergio injury is it means more Dan Dickau. Yikes.

Juan Dixon: 11.44. I hate Johnny Dixon, he sucks, apparently Nate doesn't know this, let's move on.

Jarrett Jack: 14.81. Solid as ever. One half of the Point Guard Conundrum facing the franchise, still think he's the most likely to be traded in a "Go For It" move this off season.

Raef LaFrentz: 5.52. The only thing more ridiculous than there being a Jamaal Magloire Bobblehead Night (more on this in a minute) is the fact that there's a Raef LaFrentz Bobblehead Night on March 14th against the Pistons.

Jamaal Magloire: 10.45. Everyone knows how I feel about Magloire, but there is some sweet irony in the fact that I've got the corporate box with clients tomorrow night against the Suns and it happens to be Jamaal Magloire Bobblehead Night. I've got a pretty decent arm but I don't think I could actually hit him with the doll from the luxury box. Not sure what I'm going to do with it, maybe light it on fire as a sacrifice to the gods, maybe use it as my token throwing devise when the team stinks it up on tv, needless to say I'm giddy about the whole thing.

Joel Przybilla: 7.70. Good lord. The last 3 years for Joel are 15.58, 15.32, and now 7.70. I haven't seen tanking like this after getting a contract since Adrian Beltre signed with the Mariners.

Z-bo: 23.27. Still just outstanding, had a 42 pointer, mixed in a 26 & 17 game, we've covered his All Star situation, just simply bad luck more than anything else. Great year by Zach, can't say enough about it.

Sergio Rodriguez: 17.19. I need to start doing these in dyslexic order because the bottom guys in the alphabet are far more fun to talk about. Sergio, despite his injury, has been nothing short of spectacular. I'm more than a little upset about the timing of the injury, was really looking forward to a Sergio v Nash spectacular tomorrow night. Oh well, in case you missed it, Nate expects him back right after the All Star Break, February 20th against the Jazz.

Brandon Roy: 18.49. The Savior. Second highest PER on the team and getting better. He's making the transformation into superstar before our eyes. Not to get too far ahead of ourselves but in more traditional stats Brandon is averaging 15.2 points, 4.1 rebounds, and 3.5 assists per game. In his rookie year, Dwayne Wade averaged 16.2 points, 4.1 rebounds, and 4.5 assists per game.

Ime Udoka: 11.84. I know, I know, how can I hate Johnny Dixon at 11.44 and love Ime Udoka at 11.84. Well...um...11.84 is more than 11.44. Yeah, I got nothing. Sorry.

Martell Person, sorry Webster: 10.81. I don't want to say that he's reaching bust status, but he's reaching bust status. He has flashes of being decent, even has a game here or there where he actually looks pretty good. Most of the time he just generally sucks.

Note: I skipped Outlaw because he's been hurt and hasn't changed at all since the last one. Obviously this team's future lies with Sergio, Roy, Z-bo, and Aldridge, so not much has changed but it has been a surprisingly enjoyable ride so far this year, even at 20-29.

No comments: