- The Knicks are exploring a possible Vince Carter trade.
- Carter is expected to opt-out of his contract this offseason, regardless of whether he’s dealt or not.
- It’s looking more and more like Mike Bibby is definitely getting dealt, and the Cavs could be a player.
- Clyde Drexler may participate in “Dancing With The Stars” next year (oh, clyde ...).
- If Portland doesn’t trade Magloire, they may waive him in early March.
- Same goes for Seattle and Danny Fortson. Another big man that nobody really seems to want, including his current club.
- Minnesota is all but certain to trade Mike James, and a three-way deal involving the Cavs and Kings (where Bibby ends up in Cleveland and James in Sacramento as his replacement) is being discussed.
- My contact at the Clippers doesn’t think Maggette will be dealt.
- The Jazz are trying to add a significant piece, and are dangling Gordan Giricek, Rafael Araujo, and Ronnie Brewer.
- I’m hearing a few Juan Dixon to Detroit rumors.
- Not a trade rumor, but a free-agent rumor ... Former first round pick Julius Hodge, a player my co-author really liked prior to the ‘06 draft, was released earlier this year by the Milwuakee Bucks and could be one of the first non-roster players signed following Thursday’s trade deadline by a team with an open roster spot.
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Trade Deadline Delicousness - Vol 2
Some random low-flying rumors I’m hearing:
Posted by Moderator at 11:20 AM