Friday, November 03, 2006

Blazers at Golden State

The first place and 1-0 Portland Trailblazers are back at it tonight, starting the first of a back to back in Oakland against the Warriors. The Warriors, now coached by BlazersBlog Moderator favorite Don Nelson, still appear to have some glaring weak spots, but also some players that traditionally give the Blazers fits. I think Baron Davis would be considered the best guard in the history of the NBA if he played every game against the Blazers, just a ruthless Blazer-killer. The matchup:

Blazers:
Jarrett Jack
Brandon Roy
Ime Udoka
Zach Randolph
Joel Pryzbilla

Warriors:
Baron Davis
Jason Richardson
Mickael Pietrus
Mike Dunleavy The Deuce
Troy Murphy

They've also got a couple Duck Killers on their bench too in Matt Barnes and Ike Diogu. The Blazers are getting 8.5 tonight and I'm torn on this one. Considering the level of the win they had a couple nights ago in Seattle this one screams Let Down Game to me, especially with the home opener tomorrow night. Reluctantly, I will pick the Warriors to cover this one tonight, 99-89.

A few other notes, one of us will be in attendance tonight at the game down in East Oak-town, that person would not be me. Hopefully he'll have something positive to report about his experience tomorrow. I will be down watching Brandon Roy's horrific university get torn apart by the Ducks in Autzen. Brandon is rapidly making me forgive the fact that he's a Husky, but I would advise against watching this one tomorrow Brandon, it's going to be a Defcon 1 woodshed beating. Of course I'm completely impartial on the subject.

No comments: