"And that means the first pick in the 2007 NBA Draft goes to the Portland Trail Blazers."
The words that just changed this franchise forever. I'll be back tomorrow with some more in depth analysis, and I'm sure the fearless Moderator of this blog will as well. Right now I'm on the verge of passing out, but there are a few things going on in my head that need to be thrown out there.
1. They are drafting Greg Oden. Let's just be clear about that right now. I love Kevin Durant, but they're not passing on the best center to enter the draft in decades.
2. Seattle getting Durant makes for a very interesting scenario. The Zach Randolph for Rashard Lewis deal makes a hell of a lot of sense right now.
3. However, the Blazers could make some side deals to acquire a league average small forward.
4. Make no mistake about it, the Blazers are a playoff team next year and a title contender for the next 10 years at least. Their window didn't just open, it was blown open with dynamite. They need to start to built for the playoffs. That small forward position might be best filled by a veteran player. Someone who's been in the playoffs and knows the battles that are fought in May and June. I don't really know who this player is right now, I have to do some research tonight, plus that's the Moderators usual territory.
5. With the first pick in the 2007 NBA Draft, the Portland Trail Blazers select Greg Oden, center, Ohio State University.
Open some bubbly everyone. It happened!!!