Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Kobe

By now, you all know that he’s requested a trade.  I heard the full interview with STEPHEN A SMITH this morning, and I have to say: no matter what people say, I still think he implied to the Lakers that he wanted Shaq gone, even if he didn’t come out and say it.  Additionally, for him to use this LA Times report about a “Laker Insider” saying he wanted Shaq out as his excuse to ask for a trade is a joke.  How stupid does Kobe really think we are?  He’s tired of losing, doesn’t want to stick out his contract, and was looking for an excuse to ask for a trade.  

Bill Simmons said something like “I wish just once a team would tell it’s star player to F-off; they signed a contract and it’s up to them to live up to it and make the team better.”  Never has there been a better instance of this than today’s trade request.  I’d love to see some of these NBA players try and live with un-guaranteed contracts like they do in the NFL.  I hope the Lakers don’t trade Kobe.



1 comment:

Air Fryer Recipes said...

Thank you for sharring